Poor Ellie has been sick the past little while. She had a bad reaction to the chicken pox vaccine and ended up with actual chicken pox. We were blessed that it was a mild case and she didn't suffer too much.
Then over the weekend she had a runny nose and a cough that progressively got worse. I had called the Dr. several times over the weekend because I was worried. Last week it seems like every child at the day care came down with RSV so I had good reason to worry. Monday came and I had a bad feeling about sending her, even though all she had a a slight cough. I went to school to get stuff ready for a sub and when I got home her cough got tons worse! I decided to take her and yep, sure enough, she has RSV. They were worried that an oral steroid wouldn't be enough so they ordered a nebulizer right then. We have been giving her breathing treatments which have helped a lot! We go back to the dr tomorrow to get her lungs checks, so we'll see.
However, Ellie doesn't realize she is sick. She is still running, jumping, playing, and climbing just like before. She pauses to cough but continues on. It is scary cause I don't really know how bad she feels, she has such a high tolerance.
O well- we will get through this and hopefully we will be able to stay healthy in our home for a while! I do not want a repeat of last year with mono, pneumonia, and ear infections!
15 years ago

1 comment:
Poor little girl! I am happy that it is not getting to her as much as it could. Keep doing what the doc orders and keep her in! I am sure she gets exposed to plenty. I have heard that teachers (and nurses) are often pretty sick as well as there families for the first year or two of the career. Good news is that we are building up immunities and will become less suseptable (eventually). Hang in there!
Post a Comment